Causes of malfunction
The manufacturer’s advice: the first thing to do is to check is the drain hose. It could be clamped or kinked, which prevents the water drainage. The washer displays the error at the beginning of the cycle, and not before the drain.
What could be the cause of a malfunction:
- Malfunction of the sensors, incorrect readings.
- Issues with the drain pump.
- The error of the electronic module.
- Clogged drainage filter, pump impeller.
The dishwashers are equipped with circulation pumps. There is a magnetic core in the center of the motor that drives the impeller. The pulley, where the core is installed, is fixed on ceramic sleeves. The sleeves wear out over time, forming a groove. Water gets inside the motor and the movement of the core slows down.
The electronic board receives a signal about the incorrect engine speed and displays an error code on the display panel.
The draining system needs be cleaned on a regular basis. This is the prevention of the clogging issues and water disposal. Cleaning of the drainage filter must be carried out twice a month:
- After disconnecting the machine from the power supply, open the door.
- Remove the racks.
- Unscrew the filter cylinder and pull it upwards.
- Rinse the mesh under running water.
- To get to the pump, remove any remaining water with a sponge.
- Press the cover in until you hear a click.
- Pull up the handle to access to the pump.
- Check that the impeller is rotating (use protective gloves).
Check the drainage hose. Disconnect it from the sewer – if there is a clogging at the junction, use special tools to get rid of it.