The meaning and causes of the error
Error code E 25 informs the user that there is a clog in the dishwasher system. The description is as follows: drain pump fault or drain clog.
Each dishwasher comes with a user manual where the exact description of all faults of this model is indicated.
The issue with the pump can be connected with the impeller malfunction, which stops rotating when some food particles get into the drain during washing:
- fruit or vegetable peel;
- pieces of napkins;
- shards of dishes.
Even if you carefully clean the plates of all food residues, fatty filter clogging still may occur. When the dishwasher is not cleaned properly, the grease from the dishes accumulates in the drain system. As a result, it clogs the drainage filter, hoses, nozzles.
How to bring Bosch dishwasher back into operation
Before you start repair, eliminate the system failure. In this case, the appliance mistakenly displays the error on the screen. Do the following steps to reset them:
- unplug the dishwasher;
- wait 10-15 minutes;
- restart the machine.
If the code appears again, then it is a malfunction. What do we have to do? First of all, turn off the dishwasher from all communications, shut off the water supply. Then:
- Disconnect the drain hose from the washer and put it into the tank to drain the remaining water from the tub.
- Remove excess foam in the tub with the sponge.
- Pull out the bottom rack.
- Once you get access to the drain filter, unscrew it, as well as the metal mesh behind it.
- Clean the filter under tap water. You can clean the mesh with an old toothbrush and a cleansing gel.
- The drain pump is located just behind the filter.
- Unscrew the fixing screws, pull the flap to the side and then pull it up.
- After removing the pump cover, check the impeller.
- Put the gloves on and remove foreign particles.
If the problem is not solved, then it is necessary to clean the drain hose and the nozzle, which are attached to the circulation pump.
- Take out all the racks from the tub.
- Remove five screws from the sump. They fix the pump assembly.
- Turn the washer on the back.
- Remove the bottom cover by unscrewing the bolts around the perimeter.
- You will get access to the circulation unit.
- Disconnect the hose end from the assembly. Rinse it with water – you can use a small brush to clean it.
- Do the same with the nozzle. It can have additional clamps. If they are made of plastic, they will have to cut them off and install new ones. If they are metal, then you will simply need to loosen the fasteners.
Once you notice an error on the display – do not hesitate to start inspecting the equipment right away.