The dishwasher stopped working and error code E15 or the “tap” icon appeared on the display. This means that “AquaStop” function – the protection against water leakage – was activated.
The bottom of the dishwasher is positioned at a small angle to the floor. The lower part has a built-in foam float. When water fills the bottom, the float floats up and hits the sensor. It activates the protection mode, the drain pump starts to pump the water out, and control panel displays the error.
In some cases, the pump does not switch off and works continuously, even if you turn off the dishwasher itself. Therefore, it is better to unplug the appliance, otherwise the pump or the switch may burn.
What could have caused the leakage of water:
- Incorrect operation of leakage sensor.
- Litter in the drain line (filter, pump, hose, nozzle).
- The hose is not sealed.
- Issues with the water sprayer (spray arm).
How to solve the problem
All Bosh dishwashers, including Bosch Silence Plus models, are equipped with AquaStop protection. First of all, you need to eliminate the failure in the system. This happens if the control module sends the wrong command and error E15 is displayed on the display.
You need to reset the settings. Follow these steps consistently:
- unplug the machine from the power supply
- wait 10-15 minutes;
- plug it again.
If you could not reset the error and it appeared again on the display, then you need to move on to other repair options.
It is necessary to exclude the possibility of a float sensor sticking and remove all the water from the sump. Shake the appliance a little, so that the float returns to its previous position. Then unplug the machine and tilt it at an angle of 45 degrees. Drain the excess water into container. You can dry the washer by leaving the door open for the night.
Cleaning the clogging
As we mentioned above, the machine can display error code E15 due to the clogged drain hose. You can eliminate the problem easily with your own hands. Most often, it is the drain filter that clogs up – it suffers from food particles, glass shards, debris.
- Open the door.
- Remove all racks from the tub.
- The filter is located on the bottom of the Bosch dishwasher.
- Remove it, remove the dirt and rinse it with running water.
In order to check the drain hose and the pump, you will have to put the machine on the back to access the bottom. If the pump is damaged, it cannot be repaired. It needs to be immediately replaced with an original part.
Replacing the spray arm
Some components of Bosch dishwashers can fail over time. Spray arm replacement is an easy thing to do – one of them is located under the top of the tub, the other one – at the bottom.
- remove the racks;
- unscrew the lower sprayer;
- to replace the mount, grip it firmly and unscrew it from the bottom;
- install the new mount and new sprayer.
- to replace the upper spray arm:
- pull the rack stops up through the rails and slide the upper rack out;
- the spray arm is fixed on its lower part;
- pull it out and remove from the seat;
The error can be caused by:
- Worn nipples and oil seals.
- Damaged door seals, hoses, gaskets, clamps.
- Damages of the tub.
If the dishwasher stops working, but does not display an error code, then you need to test it. This will help to detect the cause of the breakdown.