Description and causes
Error code E 01 indicates an issue with the heater. Its contacts might have burnt; therefore the device does not receive a signal from the board that the element is on. Another cause is the burnt heater itself – this happens because of calcification caused by the use of hard water.
You need to check the heater to solve the problem. The difficulty is that the heater in Bosch dishwashers is a one-piece unit, with slots for hoses and nozzles. If it has no screws to take it apart, so you will have to replace the entire device.
How to fix the malfunction
First, make sure that error E1 is not accidental. You will need to reset the icons on the screen to do this:
- unplug the device for 10-15 minutes;
- start it again and look at the display.
The error is still there? Then you will have to check the heater.
What to do and how to fix the problem:
- Disconnect the appliance from the power grid, water supply and sewerage.
- Open the door and pull the racks out of the tub.
- Remove the lower spary arm and pull out the drain filter.
- Unscrew the screws around the perimeter that hold the nozzles
- Put the appliance upside down.
- Remove the screws and remove the back cover.
- Disconnect the wiring from the pump, turn it anti-clockwise and remove.
- Put your hand under the heater unit, detach the rubber mount.
- Disconnect the nipples and wires and remove the heater.
- Do the replacement in reverse order.
Now you know why the dishwasher can display error code E01.