You need to act consistently in order to understand the cause of error E03. Start the check with simple and understandable details. Follow these steps:
- Check the drain filter. The element is located at the bottom of the back of the machine. Open the cover and remove the filter. If it is clogged with debris, clean and rinse it under running water.
- Inspect the drain hose for overlap or incorrect positioning. If it is not installed correctly, there might be a “siphon” effect. As a result, once the water begins to flow away, it immediately returns to the machine. Flush the hose and its nozzle one more time.
- The clogging might occur in the sewage system or in the spot where the hose connects with it. You can check the second option by disconnecting the hose. If the cause is in the sewer, you will need to clean it with special means or call a plumber.
You cleared all the elements, but it did not reset error E03? You will need to make a self-repair to solve the problem.
Pressure switch failure
How to check the pressure switch? First, remove the pressure switch from the Bosch machine. Connect a small tube to the connection spot and blow it. Inspect the hoses leading to the pressure switch for damages and clogging.
If the sensor works fine, the contacts will start to work after the blowing. You will hear a specific click, which might repeat three times. If you do not hear anything, you need to replace the pressure switch.
Drive belt failure
If you see the error code, but the spin does not work, the cause may be in the motor drive belt. When the belt is stretched, the spin becomes inefficient. As a result, the washing works fine, but there is not enough speed for spinning, and it leads to error F 03.
Check the condition of the belt. Follow these steps:
- After disconnecting the Bosch washing machine from power supply, remove the back cover.
- Take a look: perhaps, the belt jumped off the pulley or it is too worn.
- To install a new belt, thread it through the pulley of the motor onto the pulley of the drum.
- Scroll the pulley, evenly distributing the belt.
Drain pump failure
When the pump fails, the water is pumped out poorly or not pumped at all. Having checked the filter and the drain hose, you can start checking the pump.
- Drain the water from the Bosch machine through the drain filter.
- Remove the top and rear panels.
- Fix the drum and place the machine on its side.
- Disconnect the pump wires – it is located at the bottom of the machine.
- Move the hose clamp away from the pump.
- Turn the pump counterclockwise and pull it out.
- To install a new element, press it firmly while turning it clockwise.
Issues with the control unit
The last thing that might cause the error is the malfunction of the control unit. If there are problems with electronics, the rest of the parts of the washing machine do not receive a start signal which causer error E03.
Each separate element on the control unit is responsible for the operation of the motor, sensors and other parts. A short circuit might burn some of the elements – soldering the contacts, cleaning or complete replacement of the unit might help with this issue.