You, as usual, put a laundry in the LG washer, run a wash program, but don’t hear the familiar sound of water gaining, and the tank does not fill up. In a couple of minutes, the IE error code appears on a screen. In some cases, the washer gains water suspiciously longer than usual.
The result is the same: too little water in the washer’s tank, and then the IE error code displays on a screen. Some users read this fault as 1E because I and 1 symbols are almost similar.
Some LG washer’s models, which are not equipped with a screen, inform about the error in a different way: the main and pre-wash indicators are blinking.
How to decipher the error code IE (1E)
The IE (Inlet Error) error code means that for some reason LG washer could not get water in the allotted period of time. The fault can be caused by a simple carelessness of a user, or by serious malfunctions, which require the professional help of a specialist.
The IE (1E) error of LG washer: what to do and how to repair the machine by your own?
- Check the water in a tap. Maybe it is turned off or blocked. It is necessary to restore the water supply.
- Check the shut-off valve which blocks the water supply to a washing machine. Perhaps you forgot to open it before washing. Do it.
- Sometimes a stopcock is not closed fully. In this case, the washer gains water longer than usual, and then displays the 1E error code and does not work. Therefore, always open the shut-off valve fully.
- Weak water pressure in the water supply system could also cause the fault: LG washer can’t cope with gaining of water in time. That leads to the error code appearance. You have to restore the water pressure.
- It is possible that a water inlet hose is twisted or pressed down. This hose is designed for supplying the machine with water. Just smooth it out.
- Probably a filter mesh is littered. It is located in the place where the inlet hose is connected to the washing machine. The filter mesh prevents the machine from small particles contained in a tap water. In this case, your LG washer gains little water and shows the 1E error code. Remove and clean the filter mesh by placing it in a solution of citric acid for 1-2 hours.
- Try to turn off the washer for 15-20 min and then turn it on again. Perhaps there was a failure in a control unit.
Possible malfunctions, which require repair
In the table below you can view the list of faults that may cause the 1E error of LG washer.
|Warning signs||Possible causes of occurrence||Repair or replacement|
|LG washer can’t cope with water gaining (in rare cases it gains too little water) and displays the IE error code.||The inlet valve, designed for supplying the washer with water, is broken. It does not open by the signal of a control module, and water does not enter into the machine. In rare cases when the valve is slightly opened, the machine does not gain enough water.||It is necessary to change the water supply valve.|
|The washer does not receive water. The IE error code appears.||The pressure switch (the water level switch), which controls the amount of water in the washer, is broken.||Perhaps the pressure switch tube is littered. In this case, you need to blow it. If the clogging is not a reason of fault, you need to replace the pressure switch.|
|The washer does not gain water and shows the 1E error code.||Defective control board (electronic controller), the microchip that controls the processes of the machine, is broken.||In 90% of cases, the control module is repairable. You have to change the burnt out triac and relay, which are responsible for the work of inlet valve and/or solder tracks.
In rare cases, the replacement of the electronic controller is required.