What is the F error code?
Basically, this code indicates main control or program faults, which make the work of your washer impossible, as the system loses its ability to send signals to different parts of the machine, and it just stops running, as not a single program can be started.
Such type of failure is usually connected with voltage drops and power surges, which do not depend on you, but your network.
How to fix the F error?
Sometimes it is only enough to unplug your washer for 2-5 minutes and reconnect power once again. Then reset the system by pressing both “Start” and “Pause” at the same time for about one minute. If the F error code is gone from the display, you can start the washing cycle. If not — then you probably have to replace the main electronic control.
If you don’t want to call the specialist and experienced enough to replace the main module, follow these steps not to miss anything:
- Unplug the washer and disconnect it from the water system and the wall.
- Turn the machine and unscrew the bolts on the bottom panel. There should be three bolts.
- Remove the console simply by just lifting and turning it. Remember the position of all plugs and wires, best will be to take a photo.
- Disconnect it from all pipes and plugs, check the wiring connections on the main electronic control board once again.
- After loosening the screw you can remove the module, causing the error and install the new part.
- Repeat all the steps in the reverse order, assembling the machine back. Connect it to the water supply system and reconnect power.
- Now you can start a test cycle to make sure the F error code doesn’t appear in the display again.