If the error code F 17 appears on the Bosch washing machine control display, this means that water supply time is exceeded. The error code can be displayed both at the beginning of the washing cycle and before the rinsing.
You know the meaning of the error – now you need to understand how to fix it. In order to do this, we will need to identify the cause:
- The supply valve is shut (or not fully open). As a result, the water either does not get into the drum at all, or the pressure is too low (less than 1 atm.), which is why that water supply time runs out. Check the valve, unscrew it completely. If everything works well, then you found the reason.
- The filter or the water supply hose is clogged. The filter-mesh is located at the junction of the hose with the Bosch machine. Disconnect and flush the hose, then remove and clean the filter.
- Electronic controller failure. When this happens, you need to restart the Bosch washing machine, unplug it for 20 minutes, and then turn it on. If the error F17 is gone – the problem is solved.
Detect the malfunction
Your washing machine Bosch displays error F17, the water is not supplied, and all filters and hoses are checked. Start examining the internal parts of the machine.
What might be the cause of the malfunction:
Before checking the valve, turn off the water supply and unplug the machine from the power supply.
- Disconnect the hoses from inlet valves. Prepare a container for draining the water.
- Remove the top panel.
- Disconnect the connectors from the valve coil.
- Remove the clamps and disconnect the hoses.
- After unscrewing the fixing screw, remove the valve.
- Inspect it for damage or clog.
- Install the parts in reverse order.
If the replacement of the valve solved the problem and removed the error code F 17, then everything is fine.
The pressure switch monitors the amount of water in the drum; it sends signals to the control module which starts the washing program. When the pressure switch goes out of order, it either gives incorrect values, or does not work at all. It is useless to repair the pressure switch – it needs to be replaced.
Check the control board to repair the malfunction. The repair of contacts will require a soldering, and the burnt elements will have to be replaced. In addition, inspect the wiring coming from the unit to the pressure switch and the intake valve.
If the insulation is damaged, replace the damaged wire. Sometimes it may be necessary to completely replace the control board.