Dirt, scum, mildew, unpleasant smells are the true friends of any washing machine and a nightmare of its owner. But there are ways to cope with even the most recurrent problems quickly and easily.
A washing machine is not the easiest object for cleaning. It is often not enough just to wipe the surface with a damp cloth. Its complexly arranged and hidden parts require special care.
How to Clean the Powder Tray
- Remove the structure from the compartment and clean the surfaces with soap, hot water and an old toothbrush
- Chlorine-containing toilet cleansers will also help you cope with plaque and mildew. In case of strong contamination, just fill the tray with them and leave for 1-2 hours, and then start cleaning.
How to Clean a Washing Machine Under an Elastic Band
- Mix the bleacher with warm water in a 1:1 ratio, moisten a rag in the solution and, pulling the rubber seal off, and wipe all the inner surfaces.
- If there are heavy contamination and mildew, leave the towel moistened in the solution under the gasket for half an hour. Then remove the cloth and remove the dirt with a sponge or a toothbrush.
How to Clean Washing Machine Drum
- Pour 100 ml of chlorine bleacher into the machine drum and start washing at a temperature of at least 60 ° C, without lingerie, of course.
- You can use citric acid to remove scale. Pour 100 grams of it into the drum and run the wash at the maximum temperature. It is perfect if the mode includes double rinsing. Then the plaque will be removed completely.
- Mix a small amount of water and soda in a 1:1 ratio and pour the solution into the detergent compartment. Pour a little vinegar in the drum: not more than 400 ml. Set the maximum temperature and let the machine do almost all the work for you. Then remove any debris with a sponge and wipe the drum dry. Scum, mildew and unpleasant smell will disappear without a trace.
How to Clean the Heater from Scale
- Citric acid will also help to get rid of the scale on the electric heater. The amount of powder depends on the degree of contamination, but on average a machine with a loading of 5 kg requires 250 g. Pour 200 g into the powder compartment and 50 into the drum and run the wash at the maximum temperature.
- More aggressive acetic acid is also able to cope with the scum. It is enough to add 50 ml of vinegar into the container for the conditioner and turn on the machine. Use caution: vinegar can damage rubber elements.
How to Clean Drain Pump Filter Washing Machine
Usually, the filter is located at the bottom of the front of the machine behind the plastic cover.
Place a dry towel on the floor; place a container under the lid: when you take out the filter, the residual water can leak out of the machine. Now open the lid safely and pull out the plug.
Remove all the garbage that has accumulated inside by hand. If necessary, process the surface with some detergent and wipe dry.
How to Clean Washing Machine Drain Hose
During the cleaning of the drum with soda and vinegar, the drain hose is also cleaned. But if there is a serious clog, it is necessary to take additional measures.
Disconnect the washing machine from the power and shut off the water supply. Disconnect the hose from the machine (water may leak out in the process, so do not forget to replace the container).
Now you can start cleaning. For it, use a Kevlar rope with a non-metallic (!) brush on the end. First, clean the hose from one side, then from the other, and at the end, rinse it with a hot water jet.
How to Clean a Top Loader Style Washing Machine
Cleaning is carried out at the highest temperature. First, pour 2-3 cups of vinegar into the water and let the machine mix the solution for a couple of minutes.
Then add half a cup of baking soda. Allow the components to react, and then turn off the appliance and leave it to soak. This will take from 30 minutes to an hour.
While the inside of the machine is being cleaned, tackle the rest of its parts. Mix the vinegar and water in a 1:1 ratio and wipe the surface of the device with a solution, and clean the powder compartment.
When the machine soaks off, renew the washing. Wait until all the water is drained off, and remove any debris with a sponge.
How to Clean the Washing Machine from the Outside
When cleaning of the washing machine is completed, you can proceed to cleaning the machine from the outside. If you are a tidy person and constantly dust the surfaces, the procedure won’t take much time. But those who haven’t made it a routine to keep everything clean and tidy will have to work hard to gloss it. After all, there may be not only traces of dirt, dust, but also fatty oils, food on the washing machine, if the appliance is installed in the kitchen.
Before washing the machine, don’t forget to isolate it!
How to clean the washing machine from the outside? To do this, you need a dishwashing detergent, dissolve a small amount of the product in water and wipe the body of the machine with a damp sponge. Then wipe the machine again with a clean sponge and, at the end, with a dry cloth made of microfiber, it will remove any streaks on the surface. In case if the dust on the top lid is absorbed into the plastic, it is necessary to put a gruel of baking soda on the lid and leave it for 2-3 hours, then rub it with a soft sponge and rinse with water.
To gloss the hatch door, you need to take any glass-cleaning agent and a dry rag of microfiber. Spray the cleaner onto the glass of the hatch, and then wipe it carefully. After such a general cleaning, the washing machine will look like a new one.
Recommendations for Keeping the Washing Machine Clean
To keep your washing machine clean for as long as possible, try to follow these tips:
- Do not use too much powder. Excess detergent may accumulate inside the machine.
- Clean your clothes from heavy dirt before proceeding with washing.
- Use special anti-scale agents.
- After washing, leave the door open. So you will reduce the risk of fungus formation.
- From time to time, make the empty machine run at the maximum temperature. Hot water itself does a good job with light dirt.