In LG washers the E6 error appears in the following cases:
- a foreign object (a coin, stick, paperclip, etc.) is stuck between the pulsator and the drum. Removing this object will clear the error.
- the motor is overheating and needs to be cooled down.
If there is a foreign object stuck between the drum and pulsator:
- Check the drum for foreign objects, which may be blocking its rotation. If you find such an object there, try to remove it with your hands or using a pair of pliers or pincers. Run a cycle to test the washer.
- If there are no such objects, and the error appears, the motor may be overheating. Switch off the washer and let it cool down for about an hour. Then run the washer again.
- If there is neither a blockage or overheat, but the error has not gone, there may be a problem in the clutch or motor. It can be a little different from one LG model to another: the problem may be either in the clutch motor assembly, or just in the motor and clutch.
There can be several ways to solve the problem:
- Unload your washer and check every part of the drum using a flashlight.
- Check the seam between the drum and the pulsator.
- Make sure there are no objects jammed between these two components.
- If there is such an object or several ones, remove it with your hands or a handy tool (pliers, needle, etc.)
- When all objects have been removed, run a cycle and see if the error code has disappeared. If not, contact a professional technician.