And besides, the drum does not run on any program and stage of its implementation (washing, rinsing, spinning), but can be freely scrolled by a hand. Sometimes the drum starts rolling but not in a full “power” with a strong vibration and rumbling sound. Moreover, the drum may twitch.
The error is typical for LG washers with a direct drive.
How to decipher the error codes LE (LE1, E6, AE) washer LG
The LE error code means that your washer’s engine is blocked. It can be caused by minor problems, which you are able to solve by yourself. Serious malfunctions require a professional repair.
The error code LЕ of LG washer: what to do and how to repair the machine by your own?
- Try to open and close the washer’s door again until it clicks. Perhaps, you did not close it tightly.
- Turn off the machine for 10 – 15 minutes, and then turn it on again.
- Sometimes the LE error is caused by machine’s overloading on the delicate wash programs (Hand Wash, Wool, Silk). As a rule, in this case, the error code appears on the spin phase of washing. You should reduce the weight of the loaded laundry.
- Check small things (coin, bra bone) which could mechanically block the drum rotation. In this case, you have to disassemble the washer’s tank and remove the problem.
- Check the mains voltage, because sometimes LG washer shows the LE code in the case of under voltage.
Possible malfunctions, which require repair
In the table below you can view the list of faults that may cause the LE error of LG washer. The help of a specialist is necessary.
|Warning signs||Possible causes of occurrence||Repair or replacement|
|A drum does not rotate; a washer hums;
the LE error appears.
|Tachogenerator consisted of one or few Hall effect sensors, controls the washer’s rotation speed.||As a rule, breaking happens in the tacho generators Hall effect sensors or one of near resistors. Replacement is required.|
|A drum does not rotate; the screen displays the LE error.||One of the washer’s motor windings is burnt.||You have to change the stator (if only the one winging is burnt) or complete the total motor replacement.|
|On the washing, rinsing or spinning stage the LG washer stops and shows the LE error.||The electronic control unit is broken. It is a microcircuit that “controls” the washer’s working process.||Sometimes all you need is the module repair: solder the track contacts and replace the burnt components (resistors, etc.). If the processor is failed or module is melted, you need to change it.|
|The washer machine door is not locked. The LE error code appears on the display.||The hatch blocking device is out of order.||The replacement of hatch blocking device is required.|
|The washer’s door is not closed, and the hatch handles moves freely (what is quite suspiciously). The display shows the LE error code.||The hatch handle or washer’s lock is mechanically damaged.||Replacement of damaged items is required.|
|The LG washer’s door can’t be blocked. The LE error code appears.||The wiring of hatch blocking device is broken. Perhaps contacts came off or wires are worn out.||You have to check the ribbon cable leading to the hatch lock device. If it is worn out, you need to replace the certain ribbon cable.|