The F51 error code on the control board of your Whirlpool Cabrio device indicates your machine has some issues with the proper spinning of the drum. This code is usually accompanied but the refusal of the appliance to work and the termination of all the processes.
What can cause the F51 Error?
The F51 Error can appear on the display of your Whirlpool appliance in the following cases:
- The drum is out our order;
- The failure of the RPS (a special sensor, responsible for the rotation detecting);
- The malfunction of wiring;
- A one-time error of the control board.
As you can see, some of the reasons will be easy to solve, when others require professional help.
How to fix the F51 Error?
To begin with, try rebooting your device, as it could be just a short system glitch that provoked the error code indication. Switch the machine off and unplug it for 10-15 minutes, then switch it back and see whether the F51 code is still detected. If it is, proceed with the drum. It may be overloaded, so make sure there is not too much laundry inside and run a test cycle after you took a part of garments off the washer.
Another issue with the drum might be a foreign object which is pretty easy to find, simply by rotating the empty drum manually. If you hear an abnormal sound, then there is something between the drum and the walls of the tank that doesn’t let your device to work properly. You need to remove it.
There is one more easy thing to do to eliminate the error. On the bottom of your device, there is a fixing screw, which has to be tightened. Check it by laying the machine on the floor. Screw if necessary and run a test cycle.
If none of the above steps helped you in resetting the F51 error, then the problem is more serious and you will possibly need professional help in order to:
- Inspect and repair the drum. The rust deposit can be damaged and require replacement.
- Examine all the wiring connections, fix the loosened ones, and replace the burnt-out contacts.
- Check and replace the RPS detector, in case it is out of order.
- In the worst case, the replacement of the main control board is required.